Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Our Journey

A sunny day, work to be done, and jay birds fly upward toward the sun,
but I'll work hard and I'll fly higher, than any jay bird could ever aspire.

The bulldogs growl and bark away, and hornets buzz around all day,
but I am swift and they don't bother me, a cloud of dust is all they will see.

And owls and lakers lazily sleep, fading away without even a peep.
I'll leave them be, all snug in their slumber, to nightmares and fear of me and my lumber.

Falcons soar and are very proud, while pirates on shore are boisterous and loud
I stay humble just doing my best, and leave them behind to weep with the rest.

Spartans are ancient from days of old and Kewpies are babies, they are not bold,
but I am committed to all that I do, and when they look in my eyes, they see it too.

Bulldogs again! We took care of that, and Comets have no hands to hold onto a bat.
I'm on a team that works hard together, and what we have planned will live on forever.

Pirates again with patches on their eyes, and bruins are strong, but don't search for the prize.
Tigers are powerful and like to attack, but I am confident I can tame them with my team at my back.

My journey has seen many fine sights, many that would cause most people a fright.
And although my adventure seems to come to an end, it start right back over with Districts my friend.

Purpose, preparation, and confidence at my side, commitment and courage ride right next to Pride.

A Crusader am I mounted high on my steed, and along with my teammates Blue and Gold's what we bleed.

With one goal in mind we control our own fate and no mascot will hinder our journey to STATE.

--BGC--

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

COACH!!! You out did yourself this time! I love this poem, you should be a poet. It's absolutely true and it's definitely my favorite post on the blog yet!

~DT

Coach Crutcher said...

Glad you enjoyed it.