Thursday, May 1, 2008

Remarkable Story of Character

Most of the stories we hear about, read about, or watch on television that deal with athletes are very negative. Athletes using performance enhancing drugs, abusing alcohol, and displaying lewd conduct seem to be an everyday occurrence. There is a story that took place on a softball field in the State of Washington on April 27, 2008, that absolutely touched my heart. It is a story of what being an athlete is all about. A story of true character that I will not forget in my lifetime. The story is more powerful if you watch it. I have placed two videos on this post. The first is a great telling of the story. the second video is an ESPN interview with the players involved. I hope that we can display this same character in our upcoming summer and fall seasons, but more importantly I hope that we can display great character in our every day lives. If you would like to read more about the story it is on ESPN's website, The Early Show's website, and Good Morning America's website. Enjoy!



No comments: